Wednesday, October 7, 2015

New York Rangers Cake

My boyfriend's cousin was getting married and the day before their wedding was the groom's birthday. Well of course, he needed some celebrations and a cake needed to be included. He loves the New York Rangers so his fiance asked me if I could make a cake with the Rangers theme.
This one was super fun to make!
I started by baking a 9x13in cake and letting it cool over night. Afterwards I cut the neck from the top and set to work doing a crumb coating before adding the fondant! I cut all the pieces out of fondant minus the words on the jersey. I had tried but the letter cookie cutters were too large to fit, so I decided to pipe the words.
The groom was blown away by the results, he cut the cake around the logo and didn't want anyone else to have a piece of that part!
So happy to have happy customers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment